1Lbs BeefSkirt Steak
I thought a lot whether I should upload this recipe or not. Because let’s face it, Skirt Steak and how to make it is not really a recipe. Ingredients wise there are only four: the steak, salt, pepper and some olive oil or butter.
However, This is really my favorite steak! especially from time-to-value perspective. It is a relatively cheap cut, it cooks fast and it tastes amazing. Personally I rather much eat a skirt steak than a fillet. It has much more flavor!
I’m usually making some sort of Chimichuri sauce to go with it. The word itself is more complicated than the sauce, seriously. You just chop lots of parsley, cilantro and drown them in olive oil. you season it with salt, pepper and some red chilli flakes and there you go. the best steak dip ever!
Some Tip Points:
- Use a cast iron skillet. The steak tastes much better in it and the char you get using a cast iron cannot be replicated with a regular non-stick
- Only use a very hot cast iron. you don’t wan’t to cook the steak in its own juices you want to shock and char it.
- The oven should be hot and ready. don’t make the mistake of turning the oven on when you grill them on the cast iron.
- Before adding salt and pepper dry the steak very well.
- Feel free to drizzle some olive oil on the steak. it’s better than on the cast iron.
- The steak should be in room temperature
- It is always better if you let it to rest after seasoning it with salt, pepper and olive oil
Did you ever think trying to make a skirt steak in a sous-vide? if yes, just click here!
Prepping the steak
Grilling on the Cast Iron Skillet
Cooking In The Oven & Letting The Steak Rest
2 Comments Hide Comments
Good post. I learn something new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon everyday.
It will always be useful to read articles from other authors and practice
something from their sites.
I’m not sure where you are getting your info, but great topic.
I needs to spend a while learning more or figuring out more.
Thanks for magnificent information I used to be on the
lookout for this info for my mission.