1 Lbs / 0.5 Kg Dates Paste
0.5 Cup HazelnutsRoasted unsulted
0.25 Cup PecansRoasted unsulted
0.25 Cup WalnutsRoasted unsulted
We used to eat this dates and nuts roulade at my home forever. It is one of those desserts / dishes where the taste is much greater than its limited list of ingredients. It has an unbelievable umami that hits you the second you take a bite in it.
Now I know this is vegan and it is probably very trendy but the only reason I make it is because it is just good!
Making it couldn’t be easier! but you would need to gather some ingredients. or should I say one in particular. To make it you would need to find a dates paste. It is not always an easy task unless you know exactly where to look.
Another option is to make the paste yourself but that would mean pitting the dates and mashing them to a paste. Not fun!
Assuming success finding the dates paste all you need to do is:
- roasting the nuts
- Mix them with the paste
- Rolling to a roulade shape and
- Cover with coconut flakes
More tups for success:
- Work with a room temperature date paste (otherwise you’re in for an exercize…)
- Always look for pits parts in the paste. They don’t always do a good job cleaning them at the factory
- My favorite date type would be Medjhul. Look for it if possible
- Feel free to add / remove nuts to your liking but…
- Hazelnuts are important so keep them in 🙂
Roasting The Nuts
Making The Roulade